photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Joined a Gym!

Almost two months ago I wrote a post proclaiming that I was going to join a gym. I never did. (Which, given the fact I took the entire month of August off from trying to lose weight, was the right financial decision I guess.)

Now that I can't justify another second of being in "celebration mode," I decided that I was going to get serious again about losing weight as of today.

***Side Note*** I originally pressed pause because I wanted to feel like I could go to the social events that were happening during orientation and the beginning of dental school. Now that Joe is fully in the swing of things (he has his first test Wednesday and will likely be studying for it all day today), it's time that I start trying to lose weight again. Plus, moving forward, my 11ish hour a day job will now have a 5 hour break because the girls will be at school. With that break in my day, I have no excuse NOT to use it to exercise ***End of Side Note***

Now that I have FINALLY lived up to the promise that I was joining a gym, I figure I can also start working toward the promise I made in my 50th blog post. That promise is one that scares me a lot: I am going to run in the Philly Oral Cancer Walk and 5k this April.

I hate running. Like, seriously hate it. But it plays such a huge role in so many of the successful weight loss stories I see, that I know I need to suck it up and try. I've started C25K a couple times and quit once I had to run more than 5 minutes in a row. While I know that program is very popular and successful, I feel like I need to start fresh with a different program.

So, since I've always said that the only reason I'd run is if I was being chased by someone wanting to kill me (and even then - let's be real - I'd just be running to the nearest hiding place), I found the most appropriate app to help me train: Zombies, Run 5k.

After all, even though Walking Dead's #1 rule for survival is, "DON'T DEAD OPEN INSIDE" ;)


Zombieland taught us that the #1 rule for survival is CARDIO!


So why not use the threat of imaginary zombies chasing me down to try to motivate me to run? It's definitely a creative take on training for a 5k.

Plus, I found this 5k last month and am dying to participate next summer (no pun intended hahaha).

Today I just did the introduction, which allowed me to go at whatever speed I wanted. Once I start the program, I think it's going to have specific times where I need to pick up the pace or else I may get eaten.

Stay tuned to see if I survive!


Follow me on Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)