photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Indoor Camping Date

It's no secret that I'm having trouble adjusting to Joe's busy schedule, so I am more grateful than ever that we are committed to doing one date a week from our date jars.

***Side Note*** That is, unless plans are derailed by terrible, horrible cramps as they were last week. Darn uterus. ***End of Side Note***

Since he has a test on Monday, Joe drew a green date for the first time (green dates are 90 minutes or less). I was excited to see that while it was an at-home date like the others we have done, it was one that didn't involve watching TV. While I love TV just as much as the next person (ok, more. A lot more), it's really all Joe and I do when we are spending time together because he is so exhausted from school and studying.

So what was this at-home, non-TV date? Indoor camping!

The plan was to cook s'mores, set up a "tent" in the living room, and play cards. I thought it would be fun to also tell scary stories, but given that Joe hates scary stuff, I figured we could scratch that off the list. Heck, he probably doesn't even know any scary stories.

Cooking the s'mores should have been super easy because we have a gas stove, but I kept catching my marshmallows on fire. Eventually I got the hang of it :)


After we plated our s'mores, we headed into the "tent" I made. Since I just draped a sheet over the table (I know, so creative haha), we sat on the edge and kind of ducked our heads in. We made it through a s'more each before deciding we needed a new tent.


So Joe got to work. While his tent was also too low, at least we were bumping our heads on sheet rather than a table.


We decided to play rummy, which was made difficult by the "wild animal" that invaded our campsite.


Joe completely kicked my butt. It's because we were sober. When we play drunk rummy I annihilate him. I'm not sure if that's because I am so much better drunk, or he's just so much worse ;)

And there you have it. Date #4 is in the books. Joe wants to do another date tomorrow as a make-up for last week, so I may have more date tales to tell soon.


Follow me on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. You guys need training on how to build a tent with sheets! hahaha :) I am going to post a pic on your facebook of the fort/tent we built in our living room. Also, that is an adorable wild animal!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)