photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Apartment Tour

Three months.

That's how long Joe and I have called Philly home. That's also how long it has taken for me to feel like our apartment is "ready" to have pictures taken of it for the blog.

***Side Note*** To be fully honest, nothing has changed about the apartment in at least a month, it's just been messy and I finally had a chance to do some much needed tidying up since I had the day off today ***End of Side Note***

I keep thinking that there is more that I need to do (eg: hang some curtains, get some throw pillows) before giving ya'll an apartment tour, but where I live is always a work in progress. I'm sure the day we move to our next apartment/home I'll feel like I never *finished* this one.

That said, the apartment definitely looks more complete than the last time I posted pics (from Joe's tour in April).

So, without further ado, La Casa de Brier:

***Side Note*** I clearly have NOT figured out how to use my fancy camera. Apologies in advance for the lighting issues. Adjusting the white balance would have done a world of good haha ***End of Side Note***

Kitchen/Living Room/Dining Room:

Notice my LOVE picture from this post? Also, I got that rug in the clearance section at Crate and Barrel for just $20!
Couches were found at thrift stores. The red stools were white stools that I bought on Craigslist and painted.
You can tell from this picture that we love our wine ;) and we also like to cook. Way too many gadgets to fit in the cupboards.
This is Buster's favorite spot on the couch. We call it his kitty position.

Entry:
 
I am proud of the entry because I hung that purse hanger thingy on the wall all by myself! I also painted chevron on two canvases to add a little color to the entry.

Bathroom:

Not much to say about a bathroom. But now you see where my dreaded scale is.
I love rubber duckies
Further proof

Joe's Office:

The room I've lost my hubby to. He loves having his own space. See his white coat!?
Have to have some dental stuff here. I found that pillow at Ikea and Joe painted the tooth on a canvas.
This is where you'll find Buster any time I am at work and Joe is studying

Bedroom:

See! I also have my own space :) I haven't done nearly enough crafts yet to warrant a craft area, so I'll need to step it up :)
Notice Buster's hoodie in the upper left corner? Just wait until I get some pics of him in it this winter :)
Yay! A TV in our room! We didn't have one in our last place, and we don't have cable connected now, but it is still nice for watching movies




And there you have it. Our home sweet home :)


1 comment:

I love comments :)