photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, September 20, 2013

Proof I'm Improving

I am slowly improving on my goal to better care for myself and our apartment. Yesterday I cooked a pretty healthy fish dinner, and here's the proof:


Today, I was supposed to do laundry but ran out of time. The reason I ran out of time, though, is a good one! I finally had a chance to hang out with a dental school significant other. One of Joe's classmates is engaged and they live just down the block from us. She asked if I needed to shop at Trader Joes (which, let's be real, I ALWAYS need to shop at) so we went grocery shopping this morning. Next week we'll probably grab lunch. It's so nice to finally have a female friend in Philadelphia :)

The shopping excursion may have delayed laundry, but I bought a ton of ingredients for my planned meals for the next week or so, so that's definitely a win.

Still no exercise though...

Tomorrow I plan to hit the gym again. I really am having fun with the zombie run app, I am just so mentally exhausted. 

***Side Note*** I guess we should also add that I am emotionally exhausted. Joe just asked what was wrong because I am sitting in his office and apparently have been sighing sad sighs every 1-2 minutes since I got up here. I'll be honest, I AM pretty sad right now. I hate how busy he is. How can I tell him that, though? This is reality and I need to get used to it. It's not fair to make him feel guilty for working hard. ***End of Side Note***

I feel like this blog has been pretty downer lately and not very exciting, and for that I apologize. We had to skip our date jar date last week (driving range) because I had KILLER cramps. With Joe being so busy nowadays, date days are the most exciting things that are going on. But tonight we may do this week's date, so stay tuned :)

On that note, I'm going to try to finish a book I started 3 months ago. At least this former bookworm has time to pick up reading again ;)


Follow me on Bloglovin' 

1 comment:

  1. That fish looks delicious! I'm so glad you got to meet another Dental School significant other. They are supposed to be building a Trader Joe's here in Denver but it keeps getting delayed so I have never been to one! I hope they build it soon because I hear lots of good things about their gluten free selection. As far as Joe being busy goes, give it a little while for both of you to adjust. He's still figuring out how much time he needs to invest to learn the material. Robbie really killed himself the first semester and then realized he could ease back a bit and still accomplish what he needed. It also took his brain a little while to get back in the swing of memorizing things after being out of school for so long. Once his brain switched back into student mode, studying became a lot more productive so he didn't need to do it quite as much. Make sure you're communicating with him when you feel your "love tank" is empty. Dental school IS important, but your marriage goes beyond Dental School. My love languages are physical touch and words of affirmation so sometimes I just ask Robbie if we can cuddle for five minutes and just talk and then he can go back to studying. Don't feel guilty for communicating your needs in a reasonable way. :) He may be feeling drained too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)