photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Monday, September 23, 2013

Bit By the BBC Bug

I was late to the Downton Abbey party (as I typically am to great TV: see Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead). But when I finally caught up this Spring, I became an equally obsessed fan pining away for new episodes; new episodes which started airing last night for those lucky Brits.

Maybe it was jealousy that we Americans have to wait until JANUARY (wth?!). Maybe I was just bored out of my mind now that Joe is in 24/7 study-mode. Whatever the reason, 11 days ago I was bit by the BBC bug and have yet to recover.

It started with The Buccaneers and was quickly followed by North & South, Bleak House, Wuthering Heights, and now The Forsyte Saga.

That's over 25 hours of BBC miniseries (mini-serieses? mini-seri?) in 11 days.

A feat made possible by sheer boredom and loneliness.

While I have enjoyed them all (well, except for Wuthering Heights because Catherine and Heathcliff are certifiably INSANE), there's something special about Downton Abbey and I can't wait for it to be back!

Since I have 4 more months (ugh), I am on the lookout for another series to start once I finish The Forsyte Saga. Any recommendations?

Also, since 25 hours of BBC in 11 days doesn't scream BORED enough, I took a quiz to see which Downton Abbey character I am most like. I got Mary Crawley. Twice.

Which 'Downton Abbey' Character Are You?

More on Downton Abbey.Created by BuddyTV

I took the quiz twice because I don't like the cold and mean thing. I suppose some people might think that because I am definitely shy around new people, but I don't think I am an ice queen like Mary. 

However, I like the ingenious thing... so I'll say that this quiz isn't too far off ;) Plus, I do like to try to get ahead, don't like my plans foiled, and I am a big fan of both love and money.

Anyone else curious as to who they'd be at Downton Abbey? Take the quiz and then leave a comment letting me know who you got :) Any other Marys in the house?

5 comments:

  1. hi Katie, I'm Sybil Crawley...don't know who she is cuz I only watched the 1st episode with mom and I don't plan on watching any more. Just thought it might be fun for you to see which character is most like me...had to be a girl huh? Oh well, at least it's not the gay guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the quiz, Sybil is: a radical person with strong views. You like freedom and don't really care what other people think. You're also an advocate of equality and, despite your wild side, you do what you can to help people in need.

      Yep - think that's pretty spot on. You definitely help people in need and have strong views :)

      Thomas wasn't an option for the quiz ;) He's pretty mean, so maybe that's why they left him out.

      Delete
  2. I was Anna Bates as well. She's my favorite character so I'm pretty pleased with that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey and Ariel, I love Anna and I'm not surprised either one of you got her. Stacey - I'm surprised you still like me since I am well aware of your Mary hatred :) ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)