photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, July 12, 2013

I'm Joining a Gym!

Now that we are getting more settled and I've started taking weight loss seriously, I decided it was the perfect time to join a gym.

Joe and I walked over to one nearby (yes, within walking distance!) and checked out the pricing, facilities, classes, etc.

I'm really excited, the gym has a ton of machines and classes are included for free. This is a huge difference from the gyms I am used to in California, where classes for members could be as much as $10 per class, and non members would pay closer to $15.

That means I'll finally get to try Zumba! Which, unfortunately, is at 5 p.m. so once I get a job I won't be able to continue.

***Side Note*** Why the heck does a gym have classes at 5 when most people get off work at 5. Why not 5:30? Even 5:15? They do have a few 6 p.m. classes, but they don't sound as fun. Boo. ***End of Side Note***

I'm going to do a 3 month trial because it is at a great rate and, before I make a longer commitment, I want to make sure that it's something I'll realistically be able to keep up with when I start working.

I originally planned to wait until I was hired somewhere and knew where it was located and what the hours were, but since the job hunt hasn't been going spectacularly well, I decided not to wait around and see what happens. Who knows, between applying for jobs, interviewing, waiting for a start date, etc, it may be 3 months before I even start something. Though I hope not - we don't have unlimited savings.

I still plan to do 30DS every day, but given that I am unemployed and don't have anything else going on, I can certainly fit in more than 25 minutes of exercise.

Tomorrow I MIGHT wake up early and go to a spin class. Though the thought petrifies me - especially since these tend to be common sentiments:

1 comment:

  1. I took some spin classes when we still lived in Fort Collins and really enjoyed them! I just had to realize that I had to listen to my body-- if the instructor said "time to go faster" and I felt like I was going to die, I just would maintain my pace. If she said "increase the resistance" and I felt like I couldn't, I just wouldn't. I think the reason so many people give up on exercise is because they are doing something they hate and they are not giving their bodies time to ease into a higher intensity workout.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)