photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sports Date

Joe and I just completed our weekly date and now he is off watching the Notre Dame game with some new friends (go Irish!). I'd go too, if I wasn't still recovering from last night (boy do I feel old). So, instead, I'll do a re-cap of our date :)

If you recall, Joe pulled another yellow date from its jar this week. The instructions were to watch a sports movie and eat foods that you'd find in a stadium for dinner. Joe was excited because he loves sports, but I was a little bummed because I was hoping for something more active after our two previous dates involved eating and watching a movie (though having created the dates for the date jars, I only have myself to blame haha).

Despite not being as excited as I have been previous weeks, I still spent the week wondering what super classic sports flick we'd wind up watching. I was hoping Netflix would have options like Rudy, Field of Dreams, A League of Their Own, Invincible, or even Space Jam ;). Unfortunately, we were disappointed today to find that instant streaming had some pretty pathetic options in the sports category.

Oh, well.

Since we were underwhelmed by the options on Netflix (and Hulu), we decided that we would FINALLY start Friday Night Lights. I've heard forever what a great show it is, and we have talked about starting it for months and just haven't.


Not only did we start it, but we blasted through 4 episodes. I guess you could call us fans already :)

For the food portion of the evening, I made hot dogs and nachos. We also had sunflower seeds and peanuts on hand. Joe was in heaven.



We both dressed in Cardinal garb, and I wanted a pic of us but my camera won't focus right when we do the self-timer (note to self... need a remote!) and we aren't too good at selfies.


Of course, I figured out a solution when Joe was getting ready to go out. Oh, well, next time we'll know to use a mirror.


Overall, it was a fun evening. Here's to hoping our next date gets us out of the house, though :)

Hope you are all having a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)