photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Ugly Truth

So I did it. I stepped on Linda this morning, and she was worse than ever.

For those of you who weren't around for my last attempt at weight loss, Linda is what I call my scale because I believe it needs an exorcism like Linda Blair's character in The Exorcist. Also, these are not my feet.
Not only did she confirm the truth that I surpassed the 200 pound mark for the first time in my life, but she was her typical self showing me different number after different number. I'll give her a little credit and admit that the uneven floors of our 100 year+ apartment make accuracy tough, but we still don't like each other so I am not letting her off completely.

So how am I sure I weigh what I think I do? I picked the mode (how mathematical of me!) Of the 50 or so times I stepped on Linda (in various parts of our apartment seeking out the most even floorboards), this number appeared about 30 times. Also, I know my body. I knew I was over 200, and I knew it was by more than just a pound or two, but I also knew that it wasn't something super shocking. At least I hoped it wouldn't be.

***Side Note*** My, how I have let myself go when the very fact that I am over 200 pounds isn't super shocking in itself ***End of Side Note***

I've debated a lot about just how honest I want to be on this blog. It's public. My family reads it. My friends read it. Strangers read it. To actually document my weight is embarrassing.

But what I realized is that all these people see me. Whether in person or in pictures, the weight gain is no secret. So unless I am going to become a hermit, why hide the number? It changes nothing about my appearance.

My weight will be a measuring tool. It will keep me on track. By being honest on this blog, maybe it will give me that added push when I need it.

So here it is, the number I saw (the most times) this morning:

 205.6
Grody. I've got a lot of work ahead of me. And while today was a good day with eating (I'll pat myself on the back for that!), job hunting took WAY longer than expected and I didn't get exercise in. Baby steps.





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

5 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Call, text, FB, whatever if you want some moral support! That's the only reason I've lasted more than a week. haha! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW thanks Erin! Are you on My Fitness Pal? I just signed up last night and am loving it :)

      Delete
    2. I am not on there, but have toyed around with the idea. I'm doing WW so I track everything through there. Oh, and I was going to say that your scale may need a new battery. Mine was doing the same thing with it bouncing all over within a 5 pound range or so. Once I changed the batteries it only bounced within a 1 pound range.

      Delete
    3. Oh and I was also going to say that you should measure yourself! Bust, waist, hips, thighs... some weeks I would lose like .5 lbs but I would lose like 4 inches so it was another way to mark success and not JUST rely on the scale.

      Delete
    4. Definitely measuring - the scale is too mean to me to be the only thing I listen to :) Good idea about the batteries. Thanks for the support! Let me know if I can support you at all, though it seems like you got this girl :)

      Delete

I love comments :)