photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Are There Scale Exorcists?

*not my feet*

I think my scale needs an exorcism. Yesterday, I was up 0.2 pounds. I was okay with it. I mean, it's 0.2 pounds. This is going to be a much more painful quest if I get pissed about 0.2 pounds.

This morning, I was up another 0.2 pounds - leaving me at an even 3 pounds lost since Friday. Once again - not gonna get pissed. Bodies fluctuate. It's cool.

(okay, I was a little pissed)

I decided to try one more time - just to be sure the scale was right... I was suddenly down 0.4 pounds.

Tried again, down a full pound. 

Tried again, same thing.

I waited a minute and was UP two pounds.

Tried once more and was back to the original number I saw the first time I weighed myself.

How the heck can a scale vary that much in a 2 minute period? I know the scale is a *itch, but does it have to toy with me?

Whatever. We'll see what she has to say tomorrow. Yes, my scale is a she. And I just named her Linda Blair.

And for those of you shaking your head saying that it isn't healthy to weigh yourself every day, I got to do it this way.

I've attempted diets MANY times, and the only times I've been even moderately successful is when I weighed myself frequently. I'm the type of person who, if I have a weekly weigh-in day, eats crap the three or four days following my weigh-in and then eats barely anything the couple of days before.

It's so much easier for me to fall off the wagon (and into a container of Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk) without the morning reminder of what I'm fighting for.

So, until this 50 pounds is lost, it looks like Linda and I have a standing date every morning. What fun. Hopefully she learns to like me a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)