photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday

Note to self: with these weekly pics of my feet, I should to do a home pedi every Tuesday night ;)

And there we have it. Down 1.2 pounds this week, 3.4 pounds total.

Not the happiest camper around. A 1.2 pound drop in one week is okay, but I'm aiming for 2. Given that this is week 1 and I haven't missed a workout or gone over my calorie limit, I expected a better number. I always lose quick in the beginning and then it slows down. If I am only losing 1.2 now... I'm starting to worry about how long this quest to 150 is going to be. 

***Side Note*** Full disclosure: yesterday I weighed myself and was 201, and I am supposed to start my TOM today or tomorrow, so that could account for the less than impressive number. But it's still not fun to see...***End of Side Note***

Oh, that's right, I decided last night that my official goal weight is going to be 150 (which will be a 55.6 pound weight loss). I think that is entirely possible, given that I got down to 145 at the end of my sophomore year of college (after a semester of healthy eating and daily workouts). To be in the 140's again would be great, but I don't want to aim for a number my body may not be able to get to anymore. I worked out with a personal trainer 4 or 5 years ago when I was in the 160's and could never get into the 150's (probably because I worked at a school and the number of calories in the teachers' lounge rivaled Willy Wonka's factory), so it'll be hard enough to get to 150.

Speaking of weights I've been, I got pretty bummed yesterday when this popped up when I submitted my food/exercise diary on MyFitnessPal last night:

While I can't wait to be in the 180's and 5 weeks doesn't seem TOO far off, the thing that bummed me out is that 188 was the weight I got to when I dieted for all of December (I dropped 8 pounds total, not an easy feat for Christmastime!). I cannot believe that I gained nearly 20 pounds in 6 months, and that it's going to take at least 6 weeks of healthy eating and exercise just to get back to where I was when I gave up last time.

I guess this is a good reminder that even if I am not losing at the rate I want, at least the number is going DOWN and not up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm basically in the exact same place as you with the weight gain! Was down to 188 in Octoberish and now I've ballooned up to 220ish. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)