photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Diet Delay

After the disappointing realization that Insanity won't work on our 114-year-old apartment floors, I decided that I'd go back to the tried and true Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.


I've started 30DS about 8 times, and only finished it once (it gets a little boring for me, and my commitment to anything weight-loss seriously sucks). The time I did finish the whole 30 days was a few months before our wedding and it worked wonders. In fact, the alterations lady told me that I'd need to start drinking a few milkshakes before the big day because otherwise my wedding dress wouldn't work without some major reconstruction.

 ***Side Note*** Of course, her recommendation to drink milkshakes turned into a junk food free-for-all lasting until the big day, and I was not as small on my wedding day as I was after finishing the Shred. ***End of Side Note***

***Additional Side Note*** PLEASE do not think that 30DS is a miracle worker. It's a great program that made a big difference. How big? I'm not sure, because I didn't weigh myself before or after - just took measurements which I have since lost track of. I also did the elliptical for 30+ minutes 5x a week, didn't drink for 30 days and I ate like a saint. Few things will motivate a gal to finally shed pounds like a wedding. ***End of Additional Side Note***

Given that yesterday was the first of the month and a Monday (my two favorite days to start a diet), my plan was to start the Shred on July 1. However, Joe made biscuits and gravy the other day and I was jonesing for leftovers. Probably not the best breakfast on the day one decides to get serious about losing weight. So I told myself, "Self, July has 31 days. If I start on the 2nd, then I will finish the Shred on the last day of July." Made a ton of sense - so I had some cookies and a burger for dinner.

And then I banged my toe on my new desk. HARD. Like, so hard perhaps my right baby toe is broken. Dang Ikea furniture ALWAYS beats me up.

I had no idea one little toe could cause so much pain. It has been constant and I can barely make it up and down the stairs to our bedroom. So that kills the plan to start exercising today. And, given the level of pain, maybe even tomorrow.

But, unlike my typical diet delays, just because I can't exercise doesn't mean I can't start eating well. And with that, I'm off to enjoy my SmartOnes.

It must be delicious, as I accidentally dropped a few noodles on the floor and Buster went crazy for them.
 



Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)