photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Maybe I Should Apply for Detective Jobs...

Another day, another job rejection. The Philly job market is NOT friendly, a fact confirmed by our tablemates Saturday night.

"Tablemates? Were you on a cruise?" You ask.

No. I wish. But we were at the next best thing: a murder mystery dinner!

Just to back up for a sec, last week Joe and I finally reached the Saved By The Bell episode where the gang goes to the murder mystery mansion. Remember?


It's an utterly fantastic episode.

It's also entirely to blame thank for my obsession with murder mystery dinners/parties/shows etc. I've thrown two murder mystery parties of my own, and my family took me to a dinner theater show for my birthday a few years ago. I seriously can't get enough and can't wait to make friends in Philly so I can throw another party. For anyone who has a similar love of murder and mystery ;) I highly recommend doing checking out www.nightofmystery.com.

This was my costume for Murder at the Juice Joint. We took mug shots of everyone at the party. It was mobster-themed. It.Was.AWESOME!!!
During the Saved By The Bell episode, I kept staring wistfully at the TV and saying how much I'd love to go to a murder mystery mansion myself.

Well Joe, being the super awesome husband he is, took note and began searching the Philly area for anything remotely similar. He came across a restaurant that does murder mystery dinners every Friday and Saturday night and told me that we could go for July's date night!

I WAS SO PUMPED.

The dinner was upstairs in the banquet hall of an old Italian restaurant (the ambiance was perfect!) and the actors performed in the center of the room so we were up close for the action. It was a really cute performance and at the end we were all supposed to fill out a card stating who we thought the killer was and why we thought so.

To be honest, the script really wasn't helpful in determining the killer, but I put my best detective face on and told Joe that I was pretty sure the nun did it! Not only was I right, but apparently they do a drawing with the cards of people who guessed the killer and the winner gets a $50 gift card to the restaurant.

JOE WAS THE WINNER!
WINNER WINNER ITALIAN DINNER!

Maybe I should pursue a career in law enforcement... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good Post, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to help the blog writers know that they've added something of great benefit to the world wide web!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could also write books for a career!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)