photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, July 12, 2013

Bringing Up Buster

It's been a little less than two weeks, but Buster has absolutely stolen our hearts.

I mean, look at his face, wouldn't he steal yours too?


The little guy loves us too, I've nicknamed him "my shadow" because wherever mommy goes, Buster follows. We think it has to do with being abandoned by his previous family and spending so long at the shelter. It's cute, but we don't want him to have anxiety and we've had serious trouble crate training him because the second we leave the room our quiet little guy starts barking and crying.

We went to the vet yesterday for a check-up, and got some great ideas to help with the separation anxiety and crate trouble. *Whew* not sure how much longer I can stand being holed up in this apartment. And every time he cries I feel like my heart is ripping out.

Speaking of heart ripping out, poor Buster was petrified at the vet. He shook like a leaf almost the entire time, and when the vet tried to take him he jumped into my arms, threw his front paws around my neck, and grabbed on for dear life. Good thing he's still a young guy (3) and in good health, because I don't want him to have to go to the vet again for a long time.

Knock on wood.

We are still trying to figure out his likes and dislikes. He sometimes has fun with his toys, but the only one he's really latched onto is a stuffed squirrel my mom and brother sent. He has annihilated that thing and loves to prance around the house with the squirrel in his mouth. It's too cute.

We tried taking him to the dog park the other day, but he was unimpressed. He just peed on or smelled everything.

Maybe this is a good place to pee.
This looks good too.
Dad - let me go so I can pee some more.
The one thing we are sure he loves (besides us) is being a total and complete couch potato. The vet said that comes from having some kind of sight hound in him (whippet or Italian greyhound are the most likely candidates).

He certainly doesn't love having his picture taken. I wanted a good picture of Buster and me, and that was just not in the cards...

Mom - don't you dare try to take pictures of me
I'll clean out your nostrils if you promise to stop
You think you have a big mouth?
That's nothing. Check this out.
I get worn out being so handsome

1 comment:

  1. He reminds me of Wishbone! Did you ever watch that show? And Wishbone's owner's name was Joe!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)