photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, June 30, 2013

New Addition to the Family

No, I am not pregnant :) but I AM a new mommy! Today Joe and I adopted a dog from a local shelter!!!

We have discussed getting a dog for a long time, and I was so excited that I've been on Petfinder more than Pinterest for the last several months. For a Pinterest addict like me, that's really saying something.

The plan had been to wait until we were fully settled, but we figured that the longer a dog would have to get acclimated to things before Joe starts school, the better. Plus, my brother Brian is still with us and is a huge dog lover, so we thought visiting a couple shelters would be fun.

We didn't realize how quick we'd fall for one!

At the first shelter we only filled out paperwork, as their dogs are fostered and you need to schedule appointments. There was one dog we were able to see, but she was a serious barker. According to our landlord, that's a deal breaker, so we had to pass. At the second place, they house their dogs on site, so we were able to walk down the rows and see which ones we wanted to "meet" in their meet and greet room.

As we walked down the aisle we couldn't help but notice one dog jumping up and down in its little room like Tigger. I recognized him from Petfinder (he was one I was interested in), but Joe said no way because his jumping was so crazy.

Instead, we met with a couple of quiet dogs who were super sweet, but just didn't feel right. I asked the lady if the jumping dog was a barker (assuming from his energy level he would be). But she surprised us by saying she isn't sure she has ever heard him bark.

Since we need a quiet dog and I was halfway in love with him from his Petfinder profile, I appealed to Joe and asked if we could just meet the little guy. He agreed, but reminded me the he was a crazy jumping dog and he'd have to be really impressive to be considered.

Well- he was very impressive :) Despite the jumping he was really calm in the bigger room. He had some energy - he liked to play tug of war - but certainly didn't seem like the same dog we had seen channeling his inner pogo stick. He had great manners, a sweet disposition, and seemed like the exact personality we were looking for. We were pretty sure he was it, but Joe (the reasonable one) wanted us to sleep on it.

It was good we did, because it made us both realize that we definitely wanted him :)

So today we went back and made it official! He's all ours :)

He's been a dream so far. He already has great manners and he seems really happy. He loves the car, food, his toys, and he seems to love his new family already. We sure love him.

And, without further adieu, introducing Buster Brier!






 Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)