photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Keeping Busy

One of my biggest fears with Joe starting dental school was that I'd be bored out of my mind. I knew that he was going to be studying round-the-clock and, even though I'd be working, there would be many hours in the day that I'd have to entertain myself.

This was one big reason why I started this blog - to have another hobby.

Now that I am a Paparazzi consultant, though, I am SUPER busy AND LOVING IT. Yesterday, for example, I finished work around 4:45 and then took Buster for a walk, went to Target for some business supplies, and came home and prepped for my first Facebook party (this Thursday and Friday night - be there or be square) until 10:30.

***Side Note*** Not to scare off people considering becoming consultants themselves. This is my first party and I had a plethora of things I wanted to accomplish both with my web presence and for the party before Thursday. It's really something that you can put as much or as little time into as you wish. ***End of Side Note***

Obviously, the goal with being a consultant is to make extra money. We just found out that some of Joe's private loans from when he was an undergraduate have been deferred the maximum number of times. Despite him still being in school, we have to start paying $440 a month. And this is just one of the many, many loans that he has (and will continue to accumulate) on his way to a DMD degree.


I am seriously pissed at the bank (rhymes with Bells Cargo) for springing this on us out of the blue. There was no indication ever that there was a maximum number of times he could defer. Not even an e-mail in advance saying that they were coming due to be paid. He got a call after he "missed" a payment he was never notified about. He was made to feel lucky that he wasn't getting penalized for said "late" payment. Those Shady McShadersons.

So my goal for now is to try to make enough money each month off of Paparazzi to pay that $440 student loan bill.

However, even if I don't make buckets of money (or even enough to pay that dang loan), it's still a fun diversion. Being a consultant is teaching me interesting things about online marketing and running a business. Definitely a more productive hobby than many :) ***Cough, cough*** watching 25 hours of BBC miniseries in 11 days ***Cough, cough*** 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)