photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday

Weigh-in Wednesday was unkind to me this week. I don't want to share the picture, but this morning I was 1.5 pounds up from last Wednesday. While my actions over the last week didn't necessarily warrant weight loss, I really didn't expect to be up. So I am disappointed.

It's a common recommendation to weigh yourself once a week, and this week I tried doing that. What I realized, though, is that when I don't weigh myself daily I don't keep myself accountable on a day-to-day basis. Plus, I build up the weekly weigh-in WAY too much. I was scared and anxious for most of last night just thinking about stepping on the scale this morning. And if I weren't going to weigh myself for another week, I'd probably feel like crap for the next several days.

So I'm going to go back to daily weigh-ins (for now). I'll still do "Weigh-in Wednesdays" on this blog to keep myself more publicly accountable, but I need to micromanage myself.

I did manage to make it to the gym yesterday for week 3 / day 2 of c25k - so that's a win! Philly is experiencing a major snowstorm, and I finished up my workout as the first layer of snow was dusting the ground. I had planned to hit up the grocery store to stock up a bit, but it started coming down fast and I wanted to make it home before the Californian in me freaked out and was unable to drive. Joe and I will just have to get creative with our meals for the next several days.

I complained a lot about the heat and humidity last summer, but I'd give anything for a taste of it right now.

In other news, Joe and I are FINALLY watching Scandal.


Yes, just like with Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, and many others, I am late to the party with this show. But, better late than never.

It's not that I haven't been eyeing it as must-see TV. Ever since I heard how juicy Scandal is, I've wanted to convince Joe to watch it with me. He was reluctant, until last night, so I jumped on his willingness to give it a shot. We both really liked it (when will he just learn to trust me with TV shows? I have excellent taste!), so it'll be our new hour-long show for as long as it takes for us to catch-up with the current season.

***Side Note*** This shouldn't take long; Joe and I can't casually watch a show we like. We totally binge-watch. There are 29 episodes on Netflix and I predict we will be finished in 10 days. That number would definitely be smaller if it weren't for dental school. ***End of Side Note***

I am so excited to see what else is in store for Olivia Pope and crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)