photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, January 3, 2014

So Far, So Good

After two days on my point system, I'm happy to report that I am off to a good start!

Yesterday, I started C25k for probably the 5th or 6th time (with an attempt at Zombies, Run! in there as well). It felt easier than I remember. But, then again, EVERY time I exercise is easier than my mind tells me when it's trying to talk me out of going to the gym.

It's quite possible, though, that living on the third floor of an apartment building without an elevator (and our bedroom being an additional floor up), has strengthened my leg muscles. That would be pretty sweet :) It certainly hasn't made me svelte.

Today it was hard to convince myself go to the gym - but boy, oh boy did the point system help.

Philly got a snowstorm last night that was bad enough Joe's classes were canceled. Not feeling that a California girl like me should drive in it, I knew that if I were to go to the gym today it would be by foot. Although it's just a 10 minute walk each way, I dreaded it all day.

But I wanted those dang points! So I bundled up and headed out after I wrapped up work.

In truth, saying that I "bundled up" is misleading - but it's what I thought I had done.

I realized that I had, in fact, grossly underestimated the cold as soon as I stepped outside. But I was afraid that if I went all the way back upstairs to add some layers and (oh I don't know... maybe a HAT) I wouldn't be able to get myself back out the door.

So I trudged along feeling like my face was on fire and my head was getting pressed together by a vise. My hands, while glove-adorned, felt completely frozen. When I arrived at the gym, the lady who checked my card took one look at me and declared I was a crazy person.

I guess my wind-chapped face and pathetic excuse for "bundling" clued her into my not-so-wise choice.
I was still in shock from the cold ;)
I decided to do C25k again because I wasn't about to get clever with workouts. Given that there's never more than a minute of running at a time this first week, I figured I wasn't going to kill myself by doing two days in a row.

I made it back home and am thrilled to announce that I'll be spending the rest of the night under the covers catching up on Revenge :)

Oh - and at some point I'll do some lunges and squats. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)