photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Breakfast & Cartoons Date

We did it! We did it!

After a nearly 3 month hiatus from doing our date jar dates, we finally got our act together and did a date night last night. On Sunday, Joe pulled a fun (and easy) one - breakfast for dinner and cartoons.

When he arrived home last night (exhausted) I met him at the door pajama-clad, a mimosa in hand, and a hearty: "GOOD MORNING!" to get the date started. Apparently Joe has never had a mimosa before and loved it, but bemoaned the fact he could never order them in public because they aren't "manly" enough (his words, not mine).


We had planned to start the date immediately since it was a test day and he *usually* takes the night of a test off from studying so he can spend time with me and unwind. We were both so tired, though, (Joe because he worked his @$$ off this week and me because I could always use more ZZZZ's) that we decided to take a nap before we launched into date night.

It was a good plan, because we awoke refreshed and ready for some fun.

I made dinner, and was excited to put my new griddle to use that Joe got me for Christmas. I HATE making pancakes in pans and with the flat griddle it was so much easier. That's not to say they were beautiful pancakes, but they were at least somewhat round. That's a win in my book :)


It certainly wasn't the healthiest dinner, but my eating has been super good lately and I did sneak some grapes on the plate ;) Exceptions can be made for date nights.

As far as cartoons go, that proved to be slightly disappointing.

When I came up with this date, I was hoping to watch cartoons from our childhood: Doug, Rugrats, Ducktails, etc. but we found that Netflix and Hulu Plus pretty much only have current stuff. And I know from my nanny days that the current stuff STINKS.

We did find Mickey Mouse and the Beanstalk on Netflix, which I watched a billion times as a kid and Joe had seen too. I was pretty pumped we found it:


From there, we tried Scooby Doo - but it was an updated version with an updated animation style and ridiculousness. The main ridiculousness was that Shaggy and Velma were an item and she got mad at him because he "said something wrong" and he was complaining to Scooby about how difficult women are to understand.

WE DO NOT NEED THAT BUSINESS WITH SCOOBY DOO! Stop the relationship crap (except Fred and Daphne, that's a love for the ages) and get to solving the mystery, you meddling kids!

We turned it off after about 10 minutes and turned on an episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

Despite it not being quite the blast from the past that I was hoping for, it was a fun and relaxing night.

And, better yet, we're back on the date jar train :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)