photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday #1

I've decided that since I am using this blog to help keep me accountable about losing weight, I need to regularly post updates on said weight. I've decided to do this every Wednesday. Though I hate exposing something so private, at least the number should never again be as high as the one I so bluntly posted when I started this journey on January 2.

So here we go, after 2 weeks of healthier eating, much less drinking, and more exercise (just finished week 2 of C25K yesterday!), this is where I stand as of this morning:


That's a 4.8 pound drop! Not too shabby :)

I've also earned 319 points, and only have 181 to go until my first reward.

***Side Note*** I originally planned to give myself rewards every time I reached 600 points, but realized that my math was a little off and that would be a little too ambitious. Too ambitious means that I might give up, too flexible and I might not push myself enough. It's a fine line, but I think 500 points is a good compromise ***End of Side Note***

I am REALLY digging this point system. I usually feel so resentful that I CAN'T eat what I want and I HAVE to exercise (I don't like being told what to do haha), that my diets usually fail really quickly. With the points, I am choosing to exercise, eat well, and make better health decisions. I haven't had one fast food meal or any sweets at all since I started, and I don't even miss them (very much). I have drank a couple times, because sometimes it's nice to unwind with Joe and a glass of wine. But the few times I have had something to drink it was much less than I usually have. I know that if I forbid certain things, there's no way I'd stick to any diet. Eventually, I may eliminate certain things that I am currently just cutting back on (e.g. diet coke: my biggest vice), but I'll decide that down the line.

For now, I'm really content and really proud of myself.

And I can't wait for that manicure 181 points from now :)

1 comment:

I love comments :)