photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

That Darn Scale

For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, you know that I hate my scale. In fact, I've affectionally named it Linda after Linda Blair from The Exorcist because I believe that it is possessed by an evil entity.

See! I even caught it on camera ;)

Not my feet

I started my points last Thursday and weighed in at 207.8 that morning. The next day I weighed myself and was down to 205.8! I was pumped, but not super surprised because my body always sheds pounds pretty quick the first week of a diet.

But then something happened that has NEVER happened the first week of a diet: I gained. I took a couple of days off from the scale and weighed myself yesterday morning. I was dumfounded to see that I was up to 208.8. So that was a 1 pound gain from Thursday and a THREE pound gain from Friday.

It made zero sense because I was pretty good over the weekend. I did drink a little Saturday night, but my total weekend drinking was probably 20% of what it usually is. I didn't go to the gym, but I did walk a lot and got exercise points. I also drank a TON of water.

Thinking that Linda was just being Linda, I moved the scale all over the bathroom floor to see if I could get a better reading somewhere else.

Nope.

Annoyed as I was, I still went to the gym and tried to remain positive. I figured that the batteries just needed changed or something. After changing the batteries last night, I confirmed with hand weights that the scale is 100% accurate - down to the ounce.

So when I weighed myself this morning, I was really scared. Scared because I knew that I couldn't blame Linda if the scale was still reading 208.

It was.

I'm really discouraged and frustrated. I know that people say you can retain water when you start exercising, but that hasn't happened to me before. Nevertheless, I'm going to press on and hope that tomorrow I see a smaller number. It has to eventually go down, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)