photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Downton Abbey is Back! ***SPOILER ALERT***

Longtime readers of this blog may remember two things:

1) I am ALWAYS behind when it comes to good TV
2) Last March Joe and I finally watched Downton Abbey and became mega-fans.

Yes - JOE included :)

He was a hard one to convince to start watching, but he quickly realized how great it is and may have been more excited than me leading up to Season 4's premiere tonight.

SPOILERS from here on out...

***Side Note*** I blame being under-enthused on my anger and shock over the end of Season 3. I mean, OMG - just stab me in the heart why don't you?! ***End of Side Note***



Much like Mary in tonight's episode, I am coming to grips with my grief and (despite some tears shed) was able to accept Matthew's death somewhat and enjoy the premiere more than I expected I would.

***Side Note*** Frankly, I expected to be in tears and depressed for two hours. I don't handle death well, not even fictional deaths. ***End of Side Note***

I am glad that Mary isn't wallowing as much as I feared she might (the 6 month jump cut that down for us viewers. Thanks Mr. Fellows). I am also glad that even though she is clearly distant from baby George, it appears that she wants to be closer to him. Although some people I know can't stand Mary (*cough* Stacey), I like her and want her to be happy. But even I don't think I could manage an even icier ice-queen who spends the whole season shooting daggers at people and refusing to care about her baby.

One person I was not impressed with tonight was Cora. She's always seemed gullible, but tonight she just seemed like a total moron. I have a feeling that poor Anna is in for some trouble thanks to Thomas and Lady's Maid Hussy (I don't remember her name and don't care to learn it).

Of course, it didn't help that Thomas was proven right by that terrible AWFUL nanny. How dare she speak to poor Sibby that way!? I hope she hasn't been the nanny for long :(

Anyways, it's too late for a full de-construct of the episode, but I am happy to say that I have good feelings about this season.

Please Mr. Fellows, don't prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)