photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Monday, January 20, 2014

Exhausted - But I Found a Dress!

I'm not doing great with points lately.

Exercise, in particular, has been rough. I am so exhausted with everything I am trying to balance that I have skipped the gym for the last several days because I am so mentally and physically exhausted that I can't imagine adding one more thing to my day.

I am really scared for weigh-in Wednesday this week. There have been a couple nights of drinking (one was date night and the other was going to bar with some of Joe's friends). That, combined with our ice cream sundaes & a lack of exercise will probably lead to some disappointment come Wednesday morning.

I have to remember, though, that I am doing much better than I was before the point system. Aside from the ice cream sundae, I have had ZERO desserts since January 2. I have also been drinking a ton of water, drinking MUCH less soda, taking my vitamins, and haven't gone out to eat once. Frankly, this is why the points are so helpful. Even though I am not doing as great as I'd like in some areas, I am still doing good in others. In the past, all-or-nothing me would give up on everything if I messed up in one area, so this is certainly an improvement.

Anyways, enough with that.

On Saturday I went shopping to try to find a cheaper dress for Joe's dental school formal than the $100 one I bought off of Zappos. I found a cute one at Dress Barn, but it wasn't on sale and the zipper was broken.

***Side Note*** Is it just me, or is "Dress Barn" a truly terrible name for a woman's clothing store? ***End of Side Note*** 

Anyways, that night I checked the website to see if there were any cheaper dresses and found a coupon! So yesterday I rushed over to a different Dress Barn and got the dress :) Here it is:



I love that back! Of course, no one will see it because I hate my arms and will be wearing a sweater - but hopefully I can wear this sweater-less on our cruise this summer :) I love that it has a tie waist, because that way even if I lose weight I can still wear it.

***Side Note*** Ouch. 'Even if?' How do I plan to be successful at weight loss with talk like that?! ***End of Side Note***

So that is one less thing on my mind. Thank goodness for that. After Saturday's lack of success, I figured I'd be shopping all next weekend trying to find something. Now I just have to figure out what the heck to do with my hair...

On that note, Pinterest is calling ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)