photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, March 8, 2013

Dream Team

I'm a worrier, and when I get particularly worried about something, I tend to become a bit of an emotional basket case (*cough* last blog post *cough*).

It's no secret that I'm worried about the next 4+ years, but I can't change what's happening, and I wouldn't want to.  After all, if I did that would mean I either want Joe to give up his dream or that I wish we weren't together - neither of which could be further from the truth.

Joe's dream is to be a dentist.

My dream is to be a stay-at-home-mom.

What I need to realize is that these dreams are not mutually-exclusive (which is what it feels like in my lowest moments thinking about the time and money dental school requires). In fact, his dream is what will allow my dream to be possible. If he has to wait 4 years to get to where he wants to be, then I can too.

We have to be a dream team (cheesy, yes).

So here's where I have to get creative - and I'm certainly a fan of that.

I have to figure out how to keep myself occupied when he's busy, how to stay connected to the people I love despite the distance, and how to keep our relationship great despite the time he has to devote to school.

Am I up for that challenge? Duh. I don't turn down a good challenge ;)

1 comment:

  1. "Dream team" all the way! That's so funny but so true! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)