photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thrifting Part 2

I'm the kind of person who gets on a roll with something, throws my whole self into it, and then quickly uses up all excitement for said thing.

This is why my diets always fail.

(This is also why I am shocked that I am still keeping up this blog!)

My latest "thing" is thrifting. I wrote yesterday about my first trip to the Good Will and how I planned to go again this weekend.

Given that this is my new "thing," of course I couldn't wait that long.

There's a huge thrift store a couple of subway stops from my work that I've always wanted to check out, so I decided to hit it up after work today.

This time, Joe was the successful one. I found him two Ralph Lauren polos ($3.99 each) and a Lacoste polo (just $2.99!).


Unfortunately, there's a small stain on the Lacoste, but I am confident that with a bit of De-Solv-It, the stain will wash right out.

What is De-Solv-It, you ask? Simply the BEST stain fighter on earth. Seriously - De-Solv-It is to stains what Kryptonite is to Superman.


Amazon is pretty much the only place I can find it unless I get super lucky at Wal Mart (Target stopped selling it).

*Side note* Yes, I know $12.49 + $7.18 shipping is a bit pricey, but the stuff lasts forever and does its job. *End of Side Note*

Even though Joe got the designer duds, I also scored. I bought 3 short sleeve sweaters ($2.99 each) which will be great for summer! 

  
If you know me, you know that I do what I can to keep my arms (and, heck, the rest of my body) as covered as possible. Since it's apparently a crime for stylish shirts to have any kind of a sleeve, you will rarely see me without a cardigan on. But long sleeve sweaters just aren't going to cut it once we leave the bay area. 

With these short sleeve sweaters, I can wear any shirt I want, cover my arms fairly well, and not die of heat. 

#winning

On a more disappointing note, tomorrow I have Jury Duty. Yes, I know it is my civic duty. But I have 9 days left of work and 10 days left before we move - so it's not coming at a good time. If I get on a trial I may have to use vacation time (which means I won't get paid out for it). Plus, there are things that I need to wrap up with work and the move. 

I'm crossing my fingers that if I do get selected, it'll be a short trial. I am honestly intrigued by the process - as I've been busting through Law & Order: SVU on Netflix the past couple of months. So if I do get on a jury, at least I'll have a cool experience. I definitely would want to be "Madame Foreperson," and they'd be crazy not to pick me. After all, I'm theatrically trained, so I could read the verdict LIKE A BOSS! ;)






Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)