photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Goodbye #1

With a week to go before we leave San Francisco, the good-byes have started.

There won't be too many, since I didn't really let myself put down roots here (knowing we'd be leaving eventually for dental school), but there will be three rounds of goodbyes that are going to be really hard:

1.) Nick and Thea (last night)
2.) Friends from work (Friday)
3.) Stacey (Friday night)

Nick and Thea were my roommates when I first moved to San Francisco three years ago. We've had some great times:

Halloween parties...
Snookie and Cruella playing beer pong

Jersey Shore guy and Peter Pan Prom Pose!



Baseball games ...
Go Cards!

Joe and Nick even applied for The Amazing Race ...
Still waiting for a call from casting...

While I know we'll always be friends, and we didn't see them nearly as much as we should have once Joe and I got married and moved into our own apartment, it just really stinks to know that they won't be 20 minutes away anymore. That we'll have to figure out other Halloween plans . . . that we won't be able to do dinners and game nights . . . that when the Cards play the Giants we'll have to watch it on TV alone rather than at AT&T park with them ...

Ugh. Good-byes stink.


On a more positive note, we had a fun last night together.

Joe made his famous biscuits and gravy.

I made mimosas (my kind of cooking lol).

Yes - there is a bite missing. I couldn't even wait to take a pic lol.

We watched the Gonzaga game. DO.NOT.GET.ME.STARTED.

That was me with my Gonzaga finger before we lost, but I had a bad feeling. Imagine how upset I was with the actual result :(


We also played a kick-@$$ game that Nick and Thea got us for Christmas called Wits and Wagers. SO MUCH FUN!!!


Then we convinced Nick to try the first episode of Downton Abbey! He liked it more than he thought he would (how couldn't he?! The only person I know who doesn't like Downton is my dad, and that's because he can't understand the accents lol)


But then it was time for them to go home. And after too many mimosas and saying goodbye, I looked like this:
Ya. I don't take good-byes well.

At least we are spacing them apart. We leave San Francisco at the end of this month and then we are living with my parents for most of April. At the end of April will be another round of good-byes.

Moving is hard :(






Follow me on Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. your last picture is so sad! :( Good-byes do suck! I don't know which route you guys are traveling, but if you go through Denver it would be fun to meet up and Robbie can show Joe the dental school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - yes, I can be a bit of a drama queen (a'la last photo) - but DANG this is much harder than I thought.

      We actually are thinking about going through Denver - I have family in Colorado. It would be fun to meet up for coffee or something!

      Joe applied to a ridiculous number of schools (23!) and was lucky enough to have about 7 or 8 interviews, so he's probably seen more dental schools than he cares to lol - but it would be great to meet up with the both of you (if Robbie's schedule allows)!!!

      Delete

I love comments :)