photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Packing

With 72 hours to go before we move out of our apartment, there is quite a bit left do.

Since my body has the worst timing for getting sick, of course I have been battling an awful cold for days (or maybe it's allergies - not sure which. All I know is I am exhausted, my nose fluctuates between running and impossible to breathe through, and I am sneezing so hard that my body aches. Oh - and my teeth hurt for some reason.)

Luckily, Joe already said that he would do pretty much all of the packing since I am working up until the day before we leave. Score!

All I needed to do was sort my stuff into what should be packed for the pod and what should be packed for the road-trip. Little did I know how hard it would be to pack for this road-trip!

Technically, we will be "homeless" from March 31 - June 3rd or 4th, but we will be staying with relatives and other places with washers/dryers for about 6 weeks of that.

Even so, that is a LONG time - there are lots of things going through my head (ie: how many razors should I pack? How many deodorants? Will I get tired of the same clothes? Will I gain/lose weight - and should I pack bigger/smaller stuff just in case? What if one of my black flip flops break - they are looking pretty worn - should I buy an extra pair? Oh, shoot - gotta pack tampons. How many will I need? Let's whip out the calendar and figure that out. Oh! And contacts - how often will I wear contacts versus glasses?)

The result of all of those "what ifs", "should I's", and "wills" means that I over-packed . . . just a bit

Joe doesn't have anything in these bags except for some extra razors and deodorant - besides that it's all me.

Before you think I had zero restraint, here's the clothes that didn't make the cut, and will be packed in the pod:

Excuse the handwriting - sick + tired of packing = I don't give a crap about my handwriting.
Kate's fun moving fact of the day: I always pack clothes in garbage bags because I can shove them in between furniture / boxes easier.

Tomorrow (assuming I am feeling better) Joe and I will be going to our favorite restaurant for our last San Francisco meal. Can't wait :)






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

1 comment:

  1. Dental fact: your teeth being sore during a cold is likely from pressure in your sinuses. If you look at dental xrays, the roots of your teeth go pretty close to your sinus cavity. :) Hope you feel better for your trip!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)