photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, March 29, 2013

Food Photo Overload

Apologies for the spotty posts - I finally have things going on to write about, but those things aren't giving me time to actually write :)

Wednesday night one of our very best friends, Stacey, came over for part one of her goodbye (she's also coming over tonight - gotta stretch this one out). Joe frequently cooks the three of us dinner, so this time she wanted to return the favor.

And boy did she ever!

She made us a roasted chicken that looked so yummy we tore into it before I thought to take a picture. It was delicious! There were even lemon slices between the skin and the meat. MMMMMM.

For dessert, she brought us special cupcakes from the bakery she works at on weekends:
Isn't she clever!?
As if that weren't enough, she gave us a super cute Disney photo album and a Disney gift card so we could go to The Napa Rose when we are at Disneyland next month.

Coincidentally, Stacey also has plans to be at Disneyland, but she will be there the Sunday before we planned to go. I wanted to go with her (it would be our third time there together) - but I've never gone during a non-summer weekday, and wanted to go on Tuesday or Wednesday to have the experience of (hopefully) short lines and small crowds.

Joe and I chatted and decided that instead of The Napa Rose, we'd rather use that gift card toward a two-day ticket and go with Stacey on Sunday and still go sometime during that week. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too :)

(Stupid, stupid saying. If I have cake I most certainly WILL eat it - especially if it is funfetti).

So now we don't really have to say goodbye tonight! That makes me very happy. It will also save you from another picture of me crying - at least for now (oh what a drama queen I am).

Speaking of goodbyes, yesterday I went out for goodbye drinks with my department. It was really nice to have one last little get-together, and I enjoyed my Long Island Iced Teas (yes, I had two) a LOT.

After the bar, Joe and I went to our favorite SF restaurant. We've been seven times (we are creatures of habit) in the last couple years for various celebrations, and it was the perfect place to toast the conclusion of my job and the start of our adventure!

The view was gorgeous (as always):


And the food was incredible (we were pigs and ordered 3 sides!):
A little stingy with the number of rings for $8 - but delicious none-the-less

Yummy Mac & Cheese

Truffle Tater Tots - one of the biggest reasons we keep coming back. These things are INCREDIBLE.

Steak Au Poive - Joe and I love us some pepper :)


The bottle of wine we split was a mistake on top of my Long Islands. I barely made it into work today. Oops. But nothing a greasy burger at lunch wouldn't cure ;) 


Oh. And we are having pizza for dinner tonight with Stacey. Boy is this move going to make me fat(ter).

Dad - P90X after we get back from Portland/Spokane?!






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)