photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thrifting

As a soon-to-be unemployed gal (with a hubby about to spend quite a bit of $$ for dental school tuition) - I've got to start getting creative with money.

I've always been pretty careful with finances - I save and I try to only buy things on sale - but there's always room to be more economical.

Hence my latest attempt at frugality: thrifting!

We only have so much we can bring with us to Philly, and clothes that I *hope* will eventually fit need to be finally purged (especially when many of these clothes were too small even 15 pounds ago...)

**Side Note** Boy was it a painful dose of reality to see just how many of my clothes wound up on that purge pile. Must remember how tall that pile was when I try to find motivation to do P90x with my dad when we stay with them in April **End of side note**

Plus, with San Francisco not having warm weather and me not liking to show skin, I have very few summer clothes. Warm weather clothes are definitely going to be needed on this road trip and in the humid Philly summer.

So, clearly, I need to buy a few things so I have clothes to wear on our trip.

Hating to invest a lot in (what I hope is) a temporary wardrobe, I figured I'd give thrifting a chance.

We're lucky to live in a pretty ritzy area, so the Goodwill store had some nice stuff! Plus - the local Target donates clothes they can't sell, so many things actually were brand new with tags and everything.

I bought three shirts and a dress. I would have bought more - but I was pretty overwhelmed with the size of the store and how they "organize". Definitely not a fan of their system. Clothes are arranged by color rather than size, and given the average BMI of the women in this area, finding a L or XL was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Nevertheless, here's what I wound up with (excuse the wrinkles - they've been balled up in the bag since yesterday awaiting wash lol):

The dress is the first pic - looks short, but that's because I took the pic further away
I'm officially a fan of thrifting - it's discounted shopping that feels a bit like a game. You never know what treasures you might find! I think I'll go back again next weekend :)






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)