photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, March 9, 2013

I Heart Downton Abbey


In terms of popular culture, I tend to be a bit late to the party... and Downton Abbey has been no different.

(Heck, my grandma has been urging me for months to watch it.)

I figured I'd like it - I heard from enough people that it was a good show - but I wasn't dying to give it a shot. Plus, I didn't expect Joe would watch, and our goal lately has been to find a really good series to get into together. How could I expect my husband to get into a British period piece on Masterpiece Theater?

Well, about two weeks ago after I had jokingly suggested he give it a shot with me, my darling husband agreed to at least try it.

I was floored.

But I was more floored at the end of the first episode.

Floored because I couldn't believe I hadn't watched it sooner. IT.WAS.BLOODY.AWESOME.

(The British-isms are getting to me)

Plus - Joe liked it too!

Win!

Since then we've been watching at least an episode a day, and in a few minutes we'll start the season three finale. I'm sad to learn that season four is almost a year away - not sure how I will be able to stand the wait.

But the point of my post is this - WATCH DOWNTON ABBEY. Do it. Now.


You can thank me later.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Yes!! Downton Abbey is the best! Darn it though, I was going to write a blog post about Downton Abbey but you beat me to it. My husband, Robbie, likes it too! I watched it each week with my friend whose husband is in Dental School. I don't know if you guys like detective shows, but Robbie and I watched the entire series of Monk over the course of his first semester of Dental School and we loved it. Now we're thinking of starting Psyche after spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That finale. I feel like I got shot in the gut. You should still write a post - I'd like to see your perspective.

    I've heard Monk is good - I'll have to check that out. Psych is really good - I didn't watch it beginning to end, but I've seen a ton of episodes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)