photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm Getting a Summer Vacation!

It's official - I gave my notice at work. It's *clearly* a bit early (my last day will be June 14), but I wanted to give as much lead-time as I could. I'm just that considerate of an employee haha.

Joe and I decided that we don't want to rush getting to Philadelphia. School starts around August 20, so we'll probably have an August 1 move-in date at whatever apartment we choose. That gives us six weeks to slooowwwlllyy make our way across the country. We don't want to rush - we want to see the sights and spend some quality time with his family in Missouri.

I'm pumped that I'll have a summer vacation! Something I never thought I'd have again until I was a stay-at-home mom with kids. I guess that when kids are your job, though, summer vacation is the opposite of a vacation ;)

Hopefully, I'll be able to find a job quickly once we get settled in Philly. It's probably not the smartest financial choice to take 6 weeks off before I even start job hunting, but after three years of us both sacrificing and stressing so much, my very sanity requires that I take a step back and breathe before we get on another roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)