photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 1 of "Joe and Kate's WEEKEND OF FUN!"

Last night, Joe and I decided that we'd try to spend this weekend busy so we could more easily keep our minds off of Monday.

I dubbed it our "Weekend of Fun" and instantly had a flashback to that episode of Friends where Janice found out Joey didn't like her, so she made him spend the entire day with her:


JANICE: Okay. All right. This is what we're gonna call it: 'Joey and Janice's DAY OF FUN!'

JOEY: Does it have to be a whole day?

JANICE: Yes, because that's how long it takes to love me.

JOEY: Yeah, I know, I sleep in the next room.



We started by going out to breakfast. Unfortunately, I started my "Weekend of Fun" with a few shots of vodka last night and woke up with a terrible headache. So after breakfast, I took a hot shower and I decided to take a nap. I ended up sleeping for THREE hours - but felt like a new woman when I woke up. A nap's a pretty decent way to get this weekend over with! I'll have to try it again tomorrow :)


After my nap, we headed out to do some Christmas shopping and to get our Christmas Tree. Joe spotted some ADORABLE (my word, not his) rain boots at Target and told me I should try them on. Being the frugal guy he is, if he ever encourages me to buy something, I don't hesitate at the opportunity :)


It's good I bought them, because it started pouring when we left Target.


After Target, we found a lot with signs announcing that their trees are "$19.99 and up." Since our budget for a tree was around that (money is tight) we stopped there first. We found the sale section full of Charlie Brown trees, but even those were $35.

Joe said he felt like the sign was false advertising and refused to give them business, so we went across the street to Lowe's and bought a 6 footer for $19.99. It's a pretty decent looking tree for the price and it smells incredible!


After tree shopping, we went to the Olive Garden (we had a gift card from my grandma). Remind me to not eat their breadsticks anymore. They just aren't worth it.

Of course, I thought that after my first bite, but didn't stop.

In fact, I ate two.

Oh, and my diet is officially on hold until Tuesday. Assuming all goes well on Monday. If not, I may have to drown my sorrows in cheese, chocolate, and wine for the next week (at least).


Upon arriving home, we realized our tree was covered in mud, so we gave it a shower (my idea).


Needless to say, it's sopping wet, so decorating will have to wait until tomorrow.


We are wrapping up the night drinking hot chocolate and watching Elf. All-in-all, a pretty solid first day of "Joe and Kate's WEEKEND OF FUN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)