photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger and skipped the last couple days, but I am back :) What I haven't skipped is my diet. After 10 days, I'm down a total of 4.6 pounds - which is very exciting.

Joe has been such a great cheerleader and has crafted some excellent and very healthy dinners this week. Quinoa is probably the most common ingredient - so that's good. That grain is packed with a ton of protein and other healthy stuff. I am so lucky to have a such a supportive husband.

Yesterday I met my mom about halfway between our houses for some Christmas shopping. My brother Brian came with her, and it was the first time I've seen him since he's started college!

We had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. That's my go-to restaurant whenever I am on a diet.

"Wait, what? The Cheesecake Factory and diet in the same sentence?" You ask.

Yup. They have a skinny menu with really delicious options that are all low cal. I had a flatbread margarita pizza (o.m.g. to die for) and Mexican lettuce wraps. Combined it was just 580 calories!

I even noticed that they had Long Island Iced Teas (my drink of choice...mmmm....) for just 150 calories! It was super tempting, but I'm doing my best to avoid alcohol, plus I was driving.

I did have to confront one of the biggest temptations I've had so far. Brian's lunch came with a side mountain of mashed potatoes. Seriously. I've never seen such a huge serving of mashed potatoes in my life. He hates potatoes (what?! why couldn't I have gotten that taste aversion?), and so they were free for the taking. I could SEE how buttery and thick they were. But I am proud to report that I didn't even have one bite :)

Today I've been incredibly lazy. Just working on Christmas cards, laying in bed relaxing, and postponing my date with the treadmill. I will definitely work out, just not quite yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)