photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I'll Start..... Eventually

Now that I can move on from the stress of dental school applications, it really should be the perfect time to start focusing on losing weight. After all, that is one of the main reasons I started writing this blog in the first place. I want it to help keep me accountable.

*Side note* I have a question for myself. "Self, how many times have you written or said the phrase 'focus on losing weight' in your life?' Can you even count that high?" *End of side note*

Like most women (heck - probably guys too), I'm in a perpetual state of "I'll start....."

You know:

"I'll start my diet on Monday"

"I'll start my diet after this vacation"

"I'll start my diet on the first of the month"

"I'll start my diet once *insert stressful event* is over"

And the lead-up to "the start" always culminates in a day of binge eating because I "have to have one last hurrah!!!" My last, last hurrah included Panera for breakfast, Chipotle for lunch (extra guac), and half a large pizza for dinner. There may or may not have been some alcoholic beverages thrown in there for good measure.

Pathetic.

So I am going to sound really pathetic when I say I don't plan to start my next diet until Monday, December 10.

Hear me out. Joe just got accepted to dental school and we are still in celebration-mode. My family is driving 2 hours to our town to have dinner tomorrow night - and I intend on celebrating. Being an Italian (excuse #346), I am not mentally in a place where I can celebrate without eating.

So why not start Friday? Well, Friday night we are attending the Alumni Christmas party for my college.

So why not start Saturday? Well, I get worn out during the week, and I want to drink on Saturday night.

So why not start Sunday? You know what. I will. I will start on Sunday (unless I drink too much on Saturday night and need a cheeseburger to cure a hangover the next morning).

Alrighty - I am saying here and now that (barring the need for a hangover burger), I will start my diet on Sunday. Crap. I just remembered that I am going to a Christmas cookie party on Sunday.

You know what, if I delay my diet because I have excuses to eat, it's never going to happen. I can make any occasion a reason to celebrate with food. Maybe it's a smart thing to start my diet on a day that I "shouldn't." So I'll stick to this Sunday thing and resist the cookies. I really don't even like cookies all that much (not like that has stopped me in the past).

So my next step will be to take my "before" pictures. I told Joe last night that he should get prepared to take some before pictures of me and his response was, "Again? How many rounds of these have I taken?"

Ouch.

But true.

I can't subject the poor guy to taking photos of my fat rolls any longer. This will be the last time.

You're hearing it here first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)