photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, December 7, 2012

And the Celebrating Continues...

My diet may be starting earlier than I planned. Last night Joe and I were still in celebration-mode, so we had some wine. Delicious, by the way :)

Around 3 a.m. I woke up and knew I was in trouble (I'll save you the gory details). I don't usually have problems with drinking alcohol (and when I do, the problems are very much deserved). Sometimes, though, I will randomly get really sick even when I drink a modest amount.

Unfortunately, this was one of those times. I had to miss work (REALLY not good when it's a particularly busy month, you already took a day off this week, and you are out of sick days so you waste a day of PTO). I took a 4 hour nap and felt okay, but definitely still not myself.

This wasn't a great day to feel sick since, if you recall, tonight was the night that my parents, grandma, brother Kevin, and his girlfriend Courtney were driving 2 1/2 hours to meet us for a celebration dinner (yes, I have an incredible family).

Luckily, I felt pretty good when they arrived. We went to a yummy Italian restaurant, and my grandma surprised us with a bottle of Dom Perignon (fancy!). I made it through dinner and a glass of the champagne (come on, had to), but now am lying on the couch and feel like I am going to die.

Don't get me wrong, the dinner was great: I loved seeing my family, I got teary-eyed when we toasted Joe's accomplishments, and my lasagna was one of the best I've ever had - I was just in pain most of the meal haha. Here are some fun pics of the dinner:


Anyways, the reason I say my diet is starting early is because I am sick of excuses and postponing what I want for dumb reasons. There is no need for me to postpone my diet because I have my alumni Christmas party tomorrow. There is no need for me to wait to start until Sunday because I want to drink on Saturday night. I am over this. I plan to lose 40 pounds, and I want to be 40 pounds thinner sooner rather than later. (Plus, I don't think I can even think about alcohol for a while without gagging).

So, assuming that my stomach is better tomorrow, I'm going to officially begin my quest (better word than diet haha). I'm nervous - but committed. This will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)