photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thrifting Across America (Oh - and we went to the beach too)

About a month ago, I decided to try thrift shopping - and absolutely LOVED it. You can read about my first two excursions here and here.

I've been a few other times since, and the excitement is definitely still there. Since we are currently in the O.C., I figured this would be a great place to try to find some treasures (nicer areas, from my limited experience, equal nicer clothes since they are donated by the people who live nearby).

This time I dragged Joe so he could join in on the fun. Though he found a couple shirts, he is currently in the shower because he says shopping there made him feel "itchy." I guess I won't make this a couples thing ;)

The Good Will was a bit pricier than in Nor-Cal, but we found some things:

A Tommy Hilfiger dress shirt ($4.95) and a Burberry polo ($4.25) for Joe.

And an Old Navy (brand new!) shirt ($2.45), Alfani top ($4.95), and sorta retro-looking clutch (a splurge at $6) for me.

The next stop was The Salvation Army. All clothes were 50% off - so I was pumped. Joe totally struck out, but I found two shirts I liked:

I'm not sure who made the first shirt (and I am too lazy to check now), but it was just $2.50 after the discount. So was the Anne Taylor shirt.

Hopefully we can find a few more in nice areas to explore along our route to Philly.

Speaking of exploring, today we also went over to Balboa (any Arrested Development fans out there might remember Balboa as the place where you can buy a Bluth Frozen Banana). We had lunch, played in the arcade, and I got a frozen banana (how could I not?). Then we walked out on the pier and I took some photos. It was such a gorgeous day! Here's a photo dump:

When I think of Balboa - these are the two things I think of. The Ferry and the Ferris Wheel.
Always the future dentist ;)
I told Joe I didn't want to drink today, until I saw that margaritas at lunch were just $4...
So I had two...
Joe had this delicious looking fish. I had a boring Caesar salad. No picture necessary.
Gotta love a Zoltar machine!
Joe was successful at the arcade...
I was not. I played Deal or No Deal and had the option to make a Deal for 53 tickets. I elected for "No Deal." I got 6.
A frozen banana can make everything better :) Also, yes, my thumb is weird looking. I have one normal looking thumb and one mini-thumb. Meet my mini thumb.
I got a picture before I scared the bird away. Great success!
Sigh.
Ocean for days.
I am getting old. Instead of my first reaction being "Cool! Surfers!" It was, "It's 2:30 in the afternoon, why aren't these kids in school."
Balboa Pier






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are AMAZING!! You are getting so good! What a fun day. I'm so jelly! And I LOLd at Goe saying that thrift stores make him "itchy." I totally relate. I heart Goe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I am having so much fun with it :) Yes, Goe is hilarious.

      Delete

I love comments :)