photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sick in St. Louis and Joe's Birthday

It's been a few days since I've written, because the second I got to St. Louis I got sick :(

***Side Note*** After running to the bathroom several times during brunch on Sunday morning there were rumors I was pregnant. Do not believe the rumors. They are nothing more than wishful thinking from future grandparents/aunts/uncles etc. ***End of Side Note***

While the timing is good in that I am in a home where I have the ability to relax and recover for several days, that is the only positive - I've had to miss out on time with my in-laws and I've missed some fun activities (Cardinals game and Dave and Busters on Sunday and City Museum today). It really stinks.

Luckily I felt pretty good on Monday for Joe's birthday, but after that day of fun, I had a bit of a set-back. It was worth it, though. He had a great day.

I'm frankly too darn lethargic to write much more and to give a full description of the last few days, so I'm doing a photo dump instead. Enjoy!

Joe's mom threw him a surprise party on Saturday when we arrived in St. Louis
Joe and his Grandma
Grandma, Joe, me, his sister Megan, and her boyfriend Charlie
Mamma is happy to have her boy home.
Lots of candles to blow out. And Kate needs a white balance card for her camera!
On Monday (Joe's birthday) we went to the Zoo. Megan, Joe, Me, Shannon (sis-in-law), and Eric (bro-in-law)
I made Joe wear this ribbon all day.
Goofy boys
I wasn't feeling well, so I was sitting when possible. Even in King Kong's arms.
Joe and his twin, Joe.
Not sure what kind of duck this is - but it was with the Puffins. It kind of looks like a Puffin and a duck had a baby, so I am calling it a Duffin.
After the Zoo we went to the Science Center. They have a planetarium and, since Joe is nuts about space, we watched a show and perused their space exhibit.
Joe got a lolly at the Science Museum.
And we all got Ted Drewes after. The BEST frozen custard EVER.
MMMMM Reeses and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough concrete
Eagerly awaiting cake and present time.
Some warm slippers from my family.
A cool Stan Musial picture from Joe's mom and step-dad.
Some fun office supplies from his sister Megan
An economics book from me
A shakoolie from me (it is a special holder for your shower that you can put a beer can in. Joe loves to take Bowers.
Band of Brothers from me.
Walking Dead board game from me.
I think this is his third cake this year, so I kept it small. We had leftover cake from Saturday still in the fridge.
Happy birthday to the love of my life! Sorry I've been sick, but I am glad you still had a fun birthday and you got to spend it with so many of your family members :)





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

1 comment:

  1. Hey just wanted to stop in and wish Joe a Happy Birthday - hope he liked his Shakoolie! (along with his other gifts too:)

    Cheers from a Fellow St. Louisian,
    Phil Novara
    Shakoolie Co-founder

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)