photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bye Daphne the Dolphin :(

Last night I realized that it had been about a week since I had last seen my childhood stuffed animal that I brought with us on our trip (just in case there was an issue with the pod). Her name is Daphne, and she is a really sweet stuffed dolphin that I have had since I was a little kid. When I was little, I brought Daphne everywhere - and sometimes usually still sleep with her.

***Side note*** Yes, I am 27. So what. ***End of side note***

When we had our (many) fire drills at our old apartment, I would always bring her and only her with me (besides Joe, she was all I cared to save). I even told Joe that I wanted Daphne buried with me when I died - this is how much I love that stinkin' stuffed animal.

Well, after looking through all of our stuff for over two hours last night, Daphne isn't with us. We called the hotels we stayed at, and no one has seen her.

Daphne is gone :(

I was so devastated that I couldn't post last night (I was crying too hard). I could barely sleep. When I did sleep, I ground my teeth and had nightmares. When I thought about her today (which was frequent), my heart hurt and my eyes stung with tears.

I feel so stupid because she is a STUFFED ANIMAL - but she is the most important thing from my childhood and I can't believe she is gone just like that. I told Joe that I would have rather had anything else (including my wedding ring) get lost over her. I, honestly, would pay $10,000 to get her back.

I am absolutely miserable, and this feels like it will be a dark cloud over our road trip. I am afraid that whenever I think back to our trip I'll be sad, because I'll know that because of this road trip Daphne was lost.

Yes, I am being dramatic. I had some wine to help drown my sorrows, which was a mistake because wine always makes me cry when I have too much of it. I am so miserable right now. I want to crawl up in the fetal position and cry and cry and cry.

I'll post our stories from yesterday and today later. Maybe tomorrow. Right now, I just want to go to bed.





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am so, so sorry, love. I still have this feeling that Daphne is with you, seriously. I know how much you loved her, and I am curious to see if you completely unpack once you get to Philly if you will find her again. Until then, hang in there. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo! This is so sad!!! I have a stuffed Eeyore that I have slept with since I was a kid and I would be devastated if I lost him so I totally understand how you are feeling. :( Poor Kate! Could you have left her in a family member's house?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)