photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Road Trip Week 1 - Filling in the Gaps

We've been on our road trip for just over a week, and it has been so much fun!

I've written a few posts of our goings-ons, but missed some days because we've been so busy. Let me fill in the gaps with a re-cap of our Southern California leg.

Friday 4/26 & Saturday 4/27: Friday was the start of it all. I wrote two posts (here and here) and one on what we did Saturday.

Sunday 4/28: Our first of two visits to Disneyland. Our friend Stacey was in town for a wedding on Saturday, so she stayed with us and we all spent Sunday at the Happiest Place on Earth!

It was busier than I like and there were issues with some of our favorite rides (Space Mountain was closed for some safety issue, Thunder Mountain was closed for a big re-furb that will last until October, and Indiana Jones kept breaking down throughout the day). Despite that, it was still a ton of fun and great way to spend a last day with Stacey. Plus, we got to eat at the Blue Bayou (the restaurant inside of Pirates of the Caribbean) - which was FANTASTIC :)

Monday 4/29: Our Price is Right adventure! You can read about it here.

Tuesday 4/30: Part of why we wanted to start out the road trip in Southern California is because I lived in So-Cal until I was 10, and my two best friends from childhood still live down here. One, Dianne, I haven't seen in probably 6 years (she's never even met Joe!) and the other, Shannon, I haven't seen since my wedding nearly 2 years ago. So on Tuesday, Shannon came to visit with her boyfriend Daniel. We had a great time chatting on the roof deck and playing board games late into the night.
Shannon and me Wednesday morning before she left.
Shannon and me at my wedding.
Wednesday 5/1: Our original plan was to do our second Disneyland day on Wednesday, but pretty quick into our night hanging out with Shannon and Daniel, Joe and I both agreed we would not be up for a full day of Disney fun. At that point we hadn't had one day "off" since the road-trip started, so wanted to spend the day re-cooping. You can read about what we did here.

Thursday 5/2: After a more low-key Wednesday, Joe and I felt re-energized enough to spend another day at Disneyland. The fact that I needed to "recover" before going again makes me feel old haha, but all that walking, sun, and greasy food did a number on my 27-year-old body.

This day was a particularly bittersweet one. With how expensive Disneyland is, the fact that we are moving to the other side of the country, and the lack of time off Joe will have over the next four years, we both knew that this would be out last trip to Disneyland before we have kids. We decided to live it up and have as much fun as possible. Here's some pics:
He's About to Be :)
Animation Academy is so fun! My pics are on the left, Joe's are on the right.
MMMMMMMMM a Monte Cristo :)
I look like Gollum holding my precious Monte Cristo lol
Pose for the camera
You can take a quiz to see which character you are most like in the Sorcerer's Workshop in California Adventure

You can also do the voices of characters. Here, Joe plays Belle and I play the Beast.

Bye Disneyland! See you in 5+ years and with a couple of little munchkins :)

Friday 5/3: We spent the day in LA.

Joe and I have to work on laundry, packing, and cleaning up the house right now - so I'll take a pause from blogging and fill you in on our LA day later :)






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)