photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fun Times With the Brier Family

After a full weekend of fun with the Brier side of the family, Joe is fine-tuning his resume and essays for the NHSC scholarship application.

This is most certainly a foreshadowing of what our life will be like in dental school - he is busy doing important (and not very fun) tasks, and I am sitting next to him in bed playing on my laptop.

Poor dude.

In fairness to me, I am also helping him edit and proofread (in between celebrity gossip, Facebook, and blogging).

Poor me ;)

At least we've had a fun weekend thus far!

Saturday, Joe's aunt and uncle hosted a BBQ at their house in Kansas City - the food was delicious, and they even had a cake for Joe's birthday (which is May 20). I haven't spent much time with either side of his family (just a few trips to MO and our wedding), so I'm glad every time we have get-togethers. Both of his parents are from families of seven kids, so there is plenty of family to see :)
Cake. MMMMMMM.

Afterward, we went to a Kansas City Royals game with two of his uncles and one of his aunts. I told Joe that I'd be the DD and he happily drank several beers - gotta let the (almost) birthday boy enjoy himself.

Pre-gaming. Literally.
Happy boy :)
Too bad the Yankees beat the Royals. Damn Yankees.

Today was Mother's Day, so the family had lunch at the assisted living facility where Joe's 88-year-old grandmother lives. Joe has always been close to his grandparents, so we try to spend a lot of time with his grandma when we visit Kansas City.

Joe and his grandma.

After lunch, we visited "Missouri Town 1855" - a living history museum that has over 25 buildings with original furnishings and equipment from 1820-1860. I wasn't sure what to expect, since this was not part of my roadtrip binder, but I was really impressed and we had a ton of fun exploring the buildings and taking photos. Here are just some of the pictures I took:

Pretty sweet house. I call dibs.
Joe would not have "fit in" during the 19th century.
I love old barns
A lot!

Look what I found! His name is Dusty, and he was the sweetest horse ever. He loved me, and I wanted to adopt him. Joe said no. But he agreed that if I let him get a plane someday, he'll let me get a horse. BOOM!
This was the tavern. Reminds me of downstairs at Downton Abbey.
A teeny tiny schoolhouse.
Tomorrow, we have plans for some more Missouri sight-seeing. Check back tomorrow night for details and pics :)

Now, I've got to go do more proof-reading. We really want this scholarship. Please cross your fingers and toes! This would massively change our lives.





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

2 comments:

  1. The tavern definitely reminds me of the servants' eating area in Downton Abbey as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that table area is SO Downton!! Also, when I saw the name "Joe" on the cake, I immediately thought it was a misspell. He will always be Goe to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)