photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, May 31, 2013

We Made it to Virginia!

We made it to Virginia! It turns out our ambitious plan of an 11+ hour drive (without stops) wasn't too ambitious. We checked into our hotel around 8:30, and that gave us time for dinner (salads and wine, how Californian of us) and a couple episodes of Modern Family.

On the road I made disappointingly little progress on my crocheted blanket (I swear, that thing is going to take a year to finish), but I found crocheting to be the perfect way to pass the time. It definitely didn't feel like we drove through six states or were in the car from 7 am - 8:30 pm!

When my fingers got tired, we played Mad Libs:


Tomorrow we have a full day planned. The Frontier Cultural Museum, touring a replica of Shakespeare's original indoor theater, a visit to the Woodrow Wilson birthplace/library, and then back to the Shakespeare theater for a production of Twelfth Night. In high school, my AP senior English class had to perform abridged versions of Shakespeare plays for our final project (with scripts in hand, thank goodness). My group did Twelfth Night, so I am excited to see it done by some actual professionals ;) Should be a fun day!





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love Mad Libs!! I'm glad the drive wasn't too horrible for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)