photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Road Trip Binder Complete!

I'm a planner, so it's probably not too shocking that I've been working on mapping out our road trip to Philadelphia for quite a while. During the stress of my last couple of months at work, moving, etc. it was a bright light that kept me excited about what was ahead.

And now, after hours and hours, my road trip binder is officially finished!

*Woo Hoo*


Now, let's take a tour, shall we?


My first section, attractions, is definitely the largest. I did a ton of research in AAA guidebooks and on websites like Yelp, Roadside America, and Roadtrippers. (Roadtrippers is actually how I plotted out the trip's route, and I HIGHLY recommend it.) I gathered a bunch of information I thought we might need to know. I tried to fill out the following for each attraction:
  • Category
  • Address
  • Phone
  • Hours
  • Tours
  • Cost
  • Estimated Time
  • Description
  • Yelp Rating
  • Hints

I also have sections for hotel reservations, tickets, coupons, a calendar, and maps:
I wanted a pretty binder, so I used scrapbook paper and rubber cement to cover plain dividers. It was super easy, and gives the binder a much cuter look :)


Joe wondered why we needed maps since we have a GPS and our iPhones, but I thought it would be helpful for us to have them for the cities where we plan to see many sites. That way we can prioritize our day(s) better by knowing which attractions are close to one another (and maybe which attractions we may decide to skip... for example, I had no idea the Collingwood Library and Museum was so far South of Alexandria...)



And now, Joe and I are going to watch the final episode from season 3 of The Walking Dead with my dad. We were behind on the show (only started watching it last month) and caught up on the season while staying with my parents this month. We blasted through about 3 or 4 episodes already today and can't bear to stop. Hopefully the The Walking Dead season 3 finale doesn't leave me as utterly depressed as the Downton Abbey season 3 finale. I need to save up my tears for leaving on Friday! 

Speaking of, it's so bittersweet to begin the final few days with my family and friends before we head off Friday morning. I'm really excited for what is ahead, but it's going to be tough to be so far from the people I love. Luckily, my family planned a trip to Philly a couple weeks after we get there in June and Stacey will be visiting us in October.

But before I get too far ahead of myself and start planning their visits, we've got this road trip to take! Stay tuned for adventures from the road!






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

2 comments:

  1. Could you use modge podge instead of rubber cement to cover the plain dividers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure Danette - it's definitely worth a shot :) I have an unhealthy obsession with rubber cement, so tend to use it whenever I have an excuse. I know one of the nice things about the rubber cement was that I could easily reposition if I got the paper on there wrong.

      Delete

I love comments :)