photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

White Coat Ceremony


It's official! Joe not only had his first day of class yesterday, but he is a coated dental student! After years of working toward this goal, the day finally arrived. I couldn't be prouder :)

***Side Note*** For those curious about our path to dental school, click on the "Our Dental School Journey" tab above ***End of Side Note***

I have pics from yesterday, but took them on my fancy camera and didn't have time to upload them before I left for work this morning. I promise to post them in the coming days. 

Right now, I'm posting this from my phone as the girls sleep. I pray they sleep in late this morning, I don't know the last time I was so tired. Between the early hours for this job and the late hours with orientation events, I've been getting about 5 hours of sleep a night (6 if I am lucky). Some people can survive on that; I am not one of those people. I need a solid 8 hours ideally (or 7 hours if all you care is that I am moderately pleasant). Anything less? Beware.

The good news is that yesterday was far and away the best day of nannying yet. The girls were AWESOME and I felt like I am finally in a groove and have established my authority. I'm wanting children of my own again haha.

Anyways, back to dental stuff.

Joe's mom flew in Sunday night so she could attend the ceremony, and I am so glad she did. Some people aren't lucky with mother-in-laws, but I hit the jackpot. I love having her around and Joe (of course!) loved having his mom at such an important event. Unfortunately, work and school meant she spent more time with Buster than us. The upside of that is she was bored and taught him how to high five; it is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. 

The ceremony was really nice, and I definitely got choked up a few times. Luckily, trying to take pictures distracted me enough that I wasn't a blubbering mess. The stage lighting was awful, and I had a hard time getting good pics (as you'll soon see). 

***Side Note*** Speaking of, it's high time I practiced some of the camera skills I learned in my photography lessons. Once my lessons finished I was back to using the auto-mode 100% of the time (lazy, lazy me). ***End of Side Note***

After the ceremony, we went to dinner and then headed home for some wine and Joe's super special white coat present.

"What present?" You ask?

You'll have to wait until tomorrow. I am hearing the pitter-patter of little feet... 

Here's hoping it's just their cat. ;)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4vwt5JTXU6sRXhcWVzy9vp2YHX1Wo1lDRDRbjRROVL1Gjfjbup_K2fy6m6X17ocehua6NQ7wdwGMzjKeZaKruN3PG3ncFGgru54op5IaB1uHHMlX4_4OQf9PHSJy08IfsHaajGnWQiD4/s1600/signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)