photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Non-Weigh In Wednesday

So this Wednesday I am not weighing in. I won't be next Wednesday either.

Am I giving up trying to lose weight? No. But I AM putting it on hold. Lemme explain why:

Last week, Joe found out who his Penn Dental Big Sib was and we had dinner with him and his wife. Big Sibs are dental students who are one year ahead of you and their job is to be a mentor and answer any questions you might have. Meeting them was great, and I hope to spend more time with them in the future (they also recently got a dog, so we want to have some doggy play dates).

While Joe walked away from dinner feeling more excited about school and getting a lot of his concerns alleviated, I walked away more nervous then ever about what our lives will be like when he is a dental student. It became abundantly clear just how busy Joe is going to be and just how little I am going to see him.

For that reason, I want to take advantage of the next 11 days. Taking advantage means that I drank two nights this week and have stopped counting calories (though I am still making wise food choices, which is big for me as an all-or-nothing person).

Taking advantage also means that we will be going to Atlantic City next Monday and Tuesday. The last time we were there we signed up for the Total Rewards program and received 2 free nights. The nights have to be during the week, so there's no way we'd be able to use them once school started. We will be boarding Buster for the first time, which I am nervous about, but getting away one last time before school will be really good for us.

Obviously, I'll be eating AWFUL in Atlantic City since we also got vouchers for two free buffets. Each.

Now all that's left is to decide whether or not we should wear our Jersey Shore costumes from Halloween a couple years ago ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)