photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My New Normal


This picture is going to be my new normal for the foreseeable future. Feeling particularly clingy to my husband last week (knowing his time with nothing to do but hang out with me was coming to a close real quick), I joked that I'd have to camp out in his office when he studies so at least we'd be in the same room together.

He got so excited, I didn't have the heart to tell him I was kidding.

It's actually not a bad idea. If I am reading or blogging or even watching Netflix on my computer (with headphones), why NOT physically be in the same room as Joe. Maybe it will help keep us from feeling distant. Heck, I got everything I need: my hubby, my pup resting between my legs, and my lap top. He's even playing Italian music tonight - the music of my people - to welcome me to his office ;)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4vwt5JTXU6sRXhcWVzy9vp2YHX1Wo1lDRDRbjRROVL1Gjfjbup_K2fy6m6X17ocehua6NQ7wdwGMzjKeZaKruN3PG3ncFGgru54op5IaB1uHHMlX4_4OQf9PHSJy08IfsHaajGnWQiD4/s1600/signature.png

3 comments:

  1. After my very first week of being a dental school wife I knew there had to be more of us out there and even better.. Dental school wives blogs! Yours was one of the very first blogs I found and it's really nice to know other women are going through the same things. I really enjoy your blog and will definitely keep reading it! Thanks Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :) Congrats to your husband starting dental school this week. Where does he attend? And congrats to you too, if you are anything like me I am sure you feel that this is a milestone for you as well.

      I was really surprised at how much trouble I had finding other dental school wife blogs, which is why I started this one. Who else have you found? I'd love to read them too. I agree that it's good to see what other women in our shoes are going through.

      If you haven't checked out Ariel's blog Love Like Enamel (http://lovelikeenamel.blogspot.com/) I highly recommend it. Ariel is super sweet and her husband just started second year, so she is full of great advice. I'm still learning as I go, as I am sure you are :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congrats to yours as well. My husband attends the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, NE. We absolutely LOVE it here. We're in a pretty lucky situation too because his brother is a D3 at the same school so we know lots of people here and have had a lot of help. His brother and his family actually live right across the street from us. It's pretty wonderful being so close. There's a huge wife support system here too which has been really helpful. It's really crazy because my husband and I always joke about living in the 50s because that's exactly how it feels. We live in student family housing so our entire neighborhood is in the same boat as we are so everyone is very close and extremely helpful. When we moved people just walked up and started loading stuff into our apartment and there were women and little kids everywhere coming over to meet us. There's backyard socializing and games all the time, everyone is so happy all the time, and it's seriously the 50s here. We're in this 50s dental school snowball globe. It's wonderful.

    As for other blogs.. They're pretty impossible to find. I found a few that had been created and abandoned all in the same week probably. I have a friend who lives across the street who has one and talks about her husband pretty frequently. It's a really enjoyable blog..

    http://casey-kimber.blogspot.com/

    But thanks for the response! I hope you enjoy Kimber's blog. I always do :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)