photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, August 16, 2013

First Day of Nannying

Yesterday was my first official day of my 6 week nanny job, and it went great! The girls are 4 & 5 and I can't believe I forgot how awesome this age is (a few years ago I worked at an after-school program and most of my day was spent with Kindergarteners - I loved it). Kids this age are very smart and pretty self-sufficient (yay for not having to wipe butts!) but still say and do absolutely adorable things. And these particular girls are especially smart and so well-behaved (knock on wood)! 

Moving forward, I won't be talking any more about the job on this blog because I don't want to violate the privacy of the family I am working for, but I did want to confirm that so far, so good :) I'm not sure what I'll do for work after October 1, but at least I am employed (for now) and very happy.

The only downside is that my days are about 11 hours long (depending on the parents' work schedules). That won't be an issue when Joe is in school since he'll be too busy to spend much time with me anyway, but I do wish that I had yesterday and today off to enjoy his last 2 weekdays of freedom. Yup, this upcoming week is his orientation and the following is his first week of school. It's so close I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)