photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, August 11, 2013

It's Been A While

So, with all the enjoying of the last couple weeks before dental school starts, I've been pretty neglectful with my blog. Which is crazy, since I actually have some big news to share:

I officially took the full 6 weeks of the nanny job

Believe it or not, I actually had a phone interview this week for an office job. It went well, and I was really struggling between pursuing this new job or doing the 6 week temporary nanny job. In my heart, I wanted to do the nanny job. I was just concerned about turning down something full-time for something that has a clear expiration date.

After some thought and a talk with Joe, I decided to go forward with the nanny position. While the office job would be full-time, the specifics of the role didn't seem like something I'd enjoy. And when I think about working in an office again versus working as a nanny, nanny wins every single time...


It may seem like a crazy gamble, but I feel like it's one I have to take. I have a feeling that if I didn't give the nanny job a shot, I'd always wonder what it would have been like (I certainly already know what an office job and dealing with clients is like...). Plus, the dad told me that he and his wife would try to help me something full-time (whether another nanny job or a job where they work) after the 6 weeks. Creating connections is HUGELY important in looking for work - so I feel deep down that this is the right choice and really, not nearly as much of a gamble as it might seem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)