photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pics from Joe's White Coat

So I've finally pushed through my laziness and uploaded pictures from Monday's white coat :)

Obligatory back to school pic
Announcing himself!
Shaking hands with the Dean
Proud mama
Happy couple :)
Mom and son
The three of us



I also mentioned that Joe got a super special gift in honor of his white coat ceremony.

A few months ago, I read a post on my favorite fellow dental school wife's blog. Ariel at Love Like Enamel (AWESOME name, BTW) had an idea to give her husband a journal with letters of encouragement/advice for him to read when dental school got rough. 

I LOVED the idea, and immediately e-mailed a bunch of family and friends and asked them to submit letters, photos, quotes, etc. so I could create a scrapbook of encouragement for Joe. I figured the best time to give him the scrapbook would be on the night of his white coat. 

Boy oh boy was putting that scrapbook together TOUGH. Since Joe wasn't in school, it was nearly impossible to carve out time to work on it without arousing suspicion. A couple times I rented horror movies and said I was going to watch them in our room (knowing full well he wouldn't step foot in the room since he hates them so much). Besides that, I just took advantage of any time he needed to run a quick errand and made some excuse as to why I couldn't come (headache, cramps, didn't want to crate Buster) and then would whip out the supplies.

I actually used the date night jars as an excuse toward the end. Knowing that I was going to give him two homemade gifts before school, I figured I'd tell him I was making him a surprise. That way, I didn't have to come up with creative ways to get myself alone. While I hated sacrificing the surprise of the jars (the jars themselves were secret, the fact he was getting something wasn't), it was worth it to keep the scrapbook secret.

He loved it :)



Thanks to all who sent contributions :)
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4vwt5JTXU6sRXhcWVzy9vp2YHX1Wo1lDRDRbjRROVL1Gjfjbup_K2fy6m6X17ocehua6NQ7wdwGMzjKeZaKruN3PG3ncFGgru54op5IaB1uHHMlX4_4OQf9PHSJy08IfsHaajGnWQiD4/s1600/signature.png

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're so sweet Kate! Joe looks awesome in his white coat! Robbie doesn't get his until this coming January because CU waits until the second semester of their second year. I'm also glad you got a "first day of school" shot because sooner than you know it you will look at that picture and be like, "Remember when you were just starting!?"

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)