photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, August 2, 2013

Krafty Kate - Love and Chevron

Joe and I still need cute decorations for our apartment, so I wanted to make some framed art for the wall. I love the Philly LOVE sculpture and, of course, chevron...


So I combined the two into a very easy wall art creation:


Here's how you can make it yourself!

What you need:
Picture frame
Fabric
Paper mache letters
Paint
Yarn
Iron
Staple gun
Hot glue gun


Step 1:
Iron your fabric so it's wrinkle-free. Then, staple the fabric to the picture frame's cardboard back. Put the frame back together (sans glass).


Step 2:
Make your letters. I hit up 2 craft stores looking for either wooden or paper mache letters to spell out L O V E and couldn't find all the letters I needed in the right size/type/etc. So I had to settle with turning an H into an E...


Which actually wasn't very difficult. I just used an X-Acto knife and masking tape.


The original plan was to just paint the letters. But, because of the masking tape on the E, it didn't look right.


So I decided to wrap the letters in yarn. Which was INCREDIBLY time consuming, but probably took less time than it would have to hunt down all the letters I needed since stores apparently can't keep the complete alphabet in stock (can you tell I am still annoyed? haha).

All I had to do once the letters were covered in yarn was super glue their backs and press them onto the framed fabric.

Ta da! All done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)