photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Road Trip Day 1

It's official! The road trip has begun.

We woke up at 3:45 (ugh) and were able to get on the road by about 4:30. As this was the beginning of the road trip, we weren't tired of the car yet, so we decided to take the "scenic route" to So-Cal. The non-scenic route involves too much cow smell. This route was great - the roads were practically empty and the sites were gorgeous. Definitely a nice swan song for California.

Our first stop was Mission Santa Barbara.

We figured we'd play with making little videos on the trip, so here's the first one:


The mission was really pretty, but we were disappointed in the self-guided tour. There wasn't a lot of information posted, so we pretty much just walked around, looked at things, and wondered what the heck they were / what they meant.

I did get a few pics though:





Our next stop was the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. Joe is a presidential history buff - he seriously cannot get enough. So I promised that we would visit every presidential library we came across on our trip. Being in Simi Valley, CA, President Reagan's came first. We had been once before, but it was totally re-done and it is AMAZING. It is literally the Disneyland of presidential libraries. Funny I should say that, because they also happened to have a sweet display of Disney stuff as part of their "National Treasure" exhibit. This made me very happy.

Some pics:





*** Now the internet is acting up, so I can't add more pics from the library. I'll post more tomorrow. Until then, enjoy these silly videos. Apparently, Ronald Reagan did a commercials for General Electric, so Joe and I did as well. The Gipper can keep the job, neither of us did very well ***


For the next week we are staying in Newport Beach, CA. My family has a beach house here, so it was really cool that we could borrow it for a week.

We arrived at the house around 7:30 p.m. (after a quick stop at the grocery store for some staples) and after lugging the ridiculous amount of stuff we have in our car into the house, are now *finally* relaxing. We plan to take it pretty easy tomorrow in anticipation for Disneyland on Sunday and Price is Right on Monday.

And here is a video re-cap of our day (after 2 drinks each):


-XO-
BizzyBrier

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this.. you will be able to show your kids later in life you adventure.. and that alone is priceless... I'm very proud of Joe.. and Kate for his support--to make his dreams come true.. You are such a cute couple!!

    Kate (Highland) Miller---Columbia..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! Joe doesn't have any videos from when he was a kid, so I think we are going to start making more videos. It will be fun for our kids to see someday what we were like when we were still "fun" haha.

      Delete
  2. This is great! I think Robbie would enjoy visiting the Ronald Reagan Museum. Have fun at Disneyland!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariel! I think I am going to play a game on my blog in honor of Disneyland, but I need to work out the details first :) You'll probably be pretty good at it!

      Delete

I love comments :)