photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

And He's Funny Too

Joe is a laid back guy - which I think some people mistake for being boring or serious. Not true - he can actually be really funny. Case in point:

Last night we stayed at my Grandma's house one last time before we head out on our road trip. We'd often stay here when visiting my family because she loves having us and we love spending time with her. Usually, we'll watch TV at night, and about half the time that TV viewing will include a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie.

Joe, will quietly laugh and shake his head at these movies and, of course, find all the plot holes (admittedly, there are plenty). But last night we found one that even HE enjoyed. Score!

Here's a synopsis from the Hallmark website (yes, it sounds uber-cheesy, but what do you expect? It was cute):


A lonely down-on-her-luck waitress meets a handsome, quirky jewelry store clerk and thinks that maybe, finally, she’s met “the right guy.” The more Molly (Alexis Bledel) gets to know Gus (Zachary Levi), the more she’s intrigued by him.

But she’s also mystified, and sometimes miffed. Gus seems really absent-minded, really preoccupied. Is there already a girlfriend in his life? Is he harboring some big secret? What is his problem, Molly wonders.

Well, Gus’s problem is that three years ago he suffered a brain aneurysm. He can remember everything that happened in his life pre-aneurysm, when he was a star astrophysicist; but his memory grasp on everything since then is virtually non-existent. Every day is a brand new day—literally—for Gus. From the moment his alarm clock goes off, his life is directed by sticky notes. You can imagine the complications that arise when Gus meets Molly.

As her love for him continues to grow, he discovers that he can indeed fall in love with the same woman every day. But can Molly imagine a future with a man who cannot recall their past?


Yes - it is essentially 50 First Dates.

Joe liked it because the main character (played by Zachary Levi aka Flynn Rider) was really into astronomy (which Joe LOVES and I do not). 

Every morning the character read several letters he'd written himself and post-it-notes to get re-informed about his condition and what has been going on in his life (he can remember everything prior to the aneurysm).

This morning, Joe had to take our car to the shop really early, so he left me the following note:

In case you can't read it: Today is September 26, 2015. You are at your grandma's house in (redacted) CA. I am Joe. I am your husband any you love me. I like space stuff, and you do too after your accident. You think flowers are pretty, but boring. You enjoy making me dinner, and having it and a glass of wine ready for me when I get home. I just want to fill in as many details as I can on important things since you lost your memory in 2013. I'll be back later. Don't forget to pack the shampoo & conditioner. Love, Joe

Nice try hon, I'll NEVER like space, I'll ALWAYS want flowers, and you may want to re-think that cooking dinner thing. You've tried my food ;)

But, yes, I certainly love you (and I remembered the shampoo and conditioner).





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... this is hilarious! What a great sense of humor! hahahaha
    Joe will appreciate that two of my sisters and I were named after astronomy stuff. My dad loves anything space related (he owns a bunch of telescopes) and my parents actually met in astronomy class. My sister, Altair, is named after a star. My sister, Ariane, is named after a French rocket. And I am named after a moon of Uranus (not, in fact, The Little Mermaid). hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool about your names! I also like the alliteration :)

      Joe recently bought a small telescope, and I have a feeling it will be the first of many.

      Delete

I love comments :)